Duties and Responsibilities of the Court Clerk
- Prepare dockets for cases to be called.
- Record case dispositions, court orders, and arrangements for payment of court fees.
- Answer inquiries from the general public regarding judicial procedures, court appearances, trial dates, adjournments, outstanding warrants, summonses, subpoenas, and payment of fines.
- Prepare and issue orders of the court, including probation orders, release documentation, sentencing information, and summonses.
- Prepare documents recording the outcomes of court proceedings.
- Schedule court appearances.
- Search files, and contact witnesses, attorneys, and litigants, in order to obtain information for the court.
- Collect court fees or fines, and record amounts collected.
- Prepare and mark all applicable court exhibits and evidence.
Onaga Court Clerk: Susan Labbe